The main objectives of the European Travel Commission are to:
- Promote Europe as an attractive tourist destination.
- Assist member NTOs to exchange knowledge and work collaboratively.
- Provide industry partners and other interested parties with easy access to material & statistics regarding inbound tourism to Europe.
Originally established in 1948, ETC has been promoting Europe internationally for over 60 years , and currently undertakes the following activities:
- Public relations
- Consumer advertising in selected overseas markets
- Trade Promotions
- Market Research
- Professional development for members (seminars, information exchange)
- Liaison with other relevant agencies (e.g; the European Commission's Tourism Unit (DG Enterprise), the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), and the Organisation for Economic Co-Operation & Development (OECD)
These activities are financed entirely by Members' contributions, calculated according to a set of pre-agreed criteria. Additional financial support for specific campaigns is raised in source markets from industry partners.
Read the latest ETC Bulletin here