Privacy and Cookies Policies
1. Scope of application
The Terms and Conditions governing the use of the Websites can found here [link to the terms and conditions].
You can contact the European Travel Commission at :
European Travel Commission
Rue Marche aux Herbes 61
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and any other rights in all material on this site are owned by the European Travel Commission and its members. You are permitted to print and download extracts from this site on the following cumulative conditions:
- Use of documents and related graphics on this site is for information and/or personal, non-commercial use only
- Any copies of these pages saved on to disk or to any other storage medium may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal, non-commercial use
- No documents or related graphics on this site are to be modified in any way
- Graphics on this site are not to be used separately from the accompanying text
- The European Travel Commission copyright notice (© European Travel Commission) must appear in all copies.
No part of this site may be reproduced or stored in any other website without the European Travel Commission's prior written consent. Reproduction rights are reserved and strictly limited. Trademarks used on this site have been registered by the companies that own them.
3. Types of information collected
Statistical information During each visit to the Websites, personal information and analytical data may be collected automatically about you and the device you are using, including your IP address, your browser, the website from which you are visiting, your operating system, your surfing behaviour on the website and in particular the pages you visit on the Websites.
User-related information When your visit the Websites and use certain functionalities offered, including creating a user account, logging in with a user account, when you fill in a contact form, agree to the receiving periodic information from the European Travel Commission, additional information can be requested or collected. The information which is requested or collected in such cases depends on the functionality used and may include: your name, address, email address, telephone number, language, gender and password.
Description: Stores local language culture settings for the content management system.
Description: Used by the content management system to monitor visitors' page impressions.
Description: Sets which elements of the website visitors see, based on your login credentials.
Third party cookies:
Description: Tracks in Google Analytics, each user's amount of visits, and the time of the first, the previous, and the current visit
Description: Used in Google Analytics, to track how long you stay on a site - when a visit starts and approximately ends (c expires quickly). If you look at cookie state changes, you will see these change regularly.
Description: Used in Google Analytics, to track how long visitors stay on a site - when a visit starts and approximately ends (c expires quickly). If you look at cookie state changes, you will see these change regularly.
Description: Tracks in Google Analytics, where a visitor came from (search engine, search keyword, link)
If you are a user with general public and anonymous access this website does not store or capture personal information, but merely logs the user's IP address that is automatically recognised by the web server.
This privacy statement only covers the website http://www.etc-corporate.org/. This statement does not cover links within this site to other websites.
The European Travel Commission is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the linked web sites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
5. Purposes of the data processing
The information mentioned above is used for the following purposes:
- For statistical and trend analysis purposes.
- To improve our website, by making it more personal for each individual user.
- To fulfil any queries and requests that have been sent to us.
- To keep you updated with news and promotions concerning Europe as your holiday destination.
- To organise promotional contests or prize draws and to inform you of their result.
6. Transfers to third parties.
The European Travel Commission may transmit personal data to third parties for purposes including:
- At the request of the government and to fulfil legal obligations, some personal information may be sent to the competent authority within the framework of legal proceedings, judicial investigations and information requests.
- In offering its services and to provide and maintain its Websites, the European Travel Commission may use the services of third party service providers, such as web developers and IT service providers. Insofar as needed for the provision of such services, some personal data may be sent to these providers. In such cases, these service providers will only process your personal data in accordance with the instructions of the European Travel Commission.
These third parties act as "data controllers" for the processing of personal data. The European Travel Commission refers to the privacy policies of these third parties.
7. Your rights