The ETC Conference on Managing Sustainable Tourism Growth in Europe provided a forum to debate on the pace of growth of tourism in Europe and the roles and responsibilities of each party involved. The event generated innovative approaches on how to manage sustainable tourism growth based on the lessons learnt and perspectives from destinations and private industry.
- The causes and consequences of unsustainable tourism growth in Europe
- The role of technology in managing sustainable tourism growth
- The role of destination marketing and management in sustainable tourism growth
- Strategies and measures to manage tourism carrying capacity
Download the conference programme
Download the speaker’s biographies
- Anna Pollock – Flourishing Beyond Sustainability
- Michel Julian – Overtourism? Understanding and Managing Urban Tourism Growth beyond Perceptions
- Bartlomiej Walas – How to understand sustainable tourism
- Vincent Nijs – Travel to Tomorrow
View the images of the event here.